Launch of SOFTBANK BB "B-Security - Security on Demand -" ~Free One-month Trial Introductory Campaign for Intrusion Detection System (IDS)~July 30, 2003
In response to the network environment and needs of client companies, SOFTBANK BB Corp. (Head office: Chuo-ku, Tokyo: President & CEO: Masayoshi Son "SOFTBANK BB" below) is pleased to announce the launching "B-Security - Security on Demand -" ("B-Security" below), total security solution for corporate clients that enables clients to use just adding functions they need, on August 1, 2003. The service offers three different options ("B-Security 500", "B-Security 1000", and "B-Security 2000") depending on the scale of client's network. As an introductory offer, Clients who apply "B-Security 1000" service for middle-scale networks by October 31, 2003 will receive campaign prices of the initial charge and monthly charge, and one-month free service of the Intrusion Detection System (IDS) (*1).
As companies are striving to cut network-operating costs due to the aggravation of business condition, network system security and failsafe security measures have become a major management issue irrespective of the scale of companies. In response to this situation, SOFTBANK BB is offering an on-demand security solution that both achieves security at client companies and offers cost effectiveness. This solution allows clients to select functions according to their security policy and to add functions flexibly as conditions change.
"B-Security" is a packaged service targeted at companies that have subscribed to SOFTBANK BB's corporate high-speed optical fiber access service and includes:
- (1) provision and installment of hardware and software,
- (2) support for formulating security policies and installment changes,
- (3) 24X7 operation, maintenance, and management,
- (4) control panel for the security administrator (automatic security log analysis report, traffic monitor), and
- (5) L3 switch (*2) function.
In addition to this package the service offers extra functions to meet clients need such as a firewall function, Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Active Defense System (ADS) (*3), VPN function, load balancing function (*4), and hot standby function (*5). SOFTBANK BB is working to further enhance functionality and has plans in the future to offer additional security functions such as remote user VPN, contents filtering, and virus checking.
For the launch of the service, SOFTBANK BB is conducting an introductory campaign for "B-Security 1000". Clients who apply "B-Security 1000" service by October 31, 2003 will receive campaign prices for the initial charge and monthly charge and the Intrusion Detection System (IDS*) for free for a month as an introductory offer. This campaign will offer to clients the opportunity to test IDS functions and allow them to detect and control intrusions that cannot be defended by a firewall all free of charge.
As part of its service to provide broadband infrastructure to corporate clients, SOFTBANK BB has set up a center to respond to breakdowns 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The company is committed to gaining client confidence by providing reliable service and a strong range of services that support a wide range of company businesses. SOFTBANK BB will continue to work to upgrade the stable operation of its network and its solutions and contribute to expanding its clients' broadband infrastructure.
- *1IDS: Abbreviation for Intrusion Detection System. Functions to detect illegal intrusion or attack from the Internet.
- *2L3 switch: A LAN switch that processes high-speed forwarding of packets based on the third layer (network layer) address.
- *3ADS: Abbreviation for Active Defense System. Functions to dynamically change firewall security policy in response to detection of an intrusive act detected by IDS.
- *4Load balancing function: Functions to distribute traffic to servers in the network. It can allocate connections to multiple application servers and thereby manage server load and improve the reliability of each service.
- *5Hot standby function: Service that reduplicates equipment used. Even in the unlikely case that equipment fails, the system automatically switches to separate standby equipment that allows stable operation without closing down the network.
- *To receive these services, clients must be using the corporate high-speed optical fiber access service (1 gigabyte, 100M platinum, 100M platinum light, 100M super gold, and 100M gold) provided by SOFTBANK BB and IP REVOLUTION, INC.
"B-Security": Image Diagram of Service Use
"B-Security" Initial Charge and Monthly Charges
- *Charges shown do not include tax.
|Standard Charges||Campaign Charges*|
|Initial charge||Monthly charge||Initial charge||Monthly charge|
|Basic service||100,000 yen||20,000 yen||80,000 yen||20,000 yen|
|Firewall function||50,000 yen||70,000 yen||30,000 yen||40,000 yen|
|IDS/ADS function||50,000 yen||90,000 yen||50,000 yen||40,000 yen|
|VPN function (one location)||50,000 yen||40,000 yen||50,000 yen||30,000 yen|
|Load balancing function||50,000 yen||80,000 yen||50,000 yen||40,000 yen|
|Hot standby function||100,000 yen||50,000 yen||80,000 yen||40,000 yen|
|24 hour onsite maintenance||Included in basic service||Included in basic service||Included in basic service||Included in basic service|
|Onsite installation||50,000 yen||-||10,000 yen||-|
|Installation after normal business hours||80,000 yen||-||64,000 yen||-|
- * Special Campaign discount rates & charges for clients applying by October 31, 2003.
B-Security 500, B-Security 2000
|B-Security 500||B-Security 2000|
|Initial charge||Monthly charge||Initial charge||Monthly charge|
|Basic service||50,000 yen||10,000 yen||200,000 yen||30,000 yen|
|Firewall function||20,000 yen||20,000 yen||50,000 yen||120,000 yen|
|IDS/ADS function||80,000 yen||25,000 yen||50,000 yen||120,000 yen|
|VPN function (one location)||50,000 yen||30,000 yen||50,000 yen||50,000 yen|
|Load balancing function||-||-||50,000 yen||120,000 yen|
|Hot standby function||-||-||200,000 yen||70,000 yen|
|24 hour onsite maintenance||10,000 yen||20,000 yen||Included in basic service||Included in basic service|
|Onsite installation||50,000 yen||-||50,000 yen||-|
|Installation after normal business hours||80,000 yen||-||80,000 yen||-|
SOFTBANK BB Corp.
|Trade name||SOFTBANK BB Corp.|
|Head office||24-1 Nihonbashi Hakozaki-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo|
|Representative||President and CEO: Masayoshi Son|
|Date of Establishment||May 16, 2000|
|Date of merger||January 7, 2003|
|Type of Business||The Company engages in the provision of broadband infrastructure and services centering on Yahoo! BB as well as in technical development, marketing, sales and support. The Company offers IT-related distribution and services, supervises, and administers affiliated broadband and e-commerce companies.|
|Paid-in capital||63 billion Yen|
- The information is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Price, specification, contact and other information of products and service may be subjected to change. The information contains certain forward-looking statements that are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.